If you have a Visa Signature card, you can get instand gold status with Hilton HHonors through August 31, 2011. And if you stay 3 times at Hilton before August 31 and use that Visa Signature card to pay for it, you will get gold status through March 2013. Sign up here. (It normally takes 16 stays, 36 nights or 60,000 Base Points earned to get gold status.)
What are the benefits to having gold status?
- Earn 25% more points on your stays
- Complimentary High-Speed Internet Access (personally I can’t believe hotels still charge for this)
- At Hilton, Conrad, and Doubletree: a space-available room upgrade, including breakfast (this also includes access to the Executive lounge if you’re upgraded to the Executive floor) or 1,000 bonus points
- At Embassy Suites: Pick two options from the following: sweet tooth (2 candy bars), 2 bottles of water, 2 regular colas, 2 diet colas, 2 regular lemon-lime sodas, 2 pieces of fruit, or salty snack (popcorn, pretzels, etc) or 500 bonus points
- At Hampton Inns or Hampton Inn Suites: one bottle of water or 250 bonus points
- At Hilton Garden: complimentary full American breakfast for you and a guest or 750 bonus points
- At Hilton Grand Vacations: early check-in/late check-out, upon request, complimentary weekday newspaper, 2 bottles of water per stay, and 1,000 bonus points
- At Homewood Suites: 2 bottles of water per stay or 250 bonus points
- At Home2 Suites: bottle of water and a snack or 100 bonus points
- At Waldorf Astoria: expedited check-in desk, late check-out based on availability, complimentary weekday newspaper, 2 bottles of water per stay, complimentary health club access, welcome beverage, one category room upgrade and then one of the following: an in-room movie or 1,000 bonus points
Note: There are also other items specific to the Maldives that I didn’t cover. You can check out the full list here.