American Express has upped the sign-up bonus from 30,000 miles to 45,000 miles. To get the bonus, you have to spend $3,000 on the card within the first 3 months. It also comes with the following:
- Your first checked bag is free for you and up to 8 others on your itinerary on every Delta flight
- Priority boarding on Delta flights
- A $99 domestic Economy Class Companion Certificate each year when you renew your card
- Pay with Miles – an exclusive benefit for Cardmembers – allows you to pay for all or part of a Delta flight with miles (10,000 miles will get you $100 off a flight)
- In-flight savings of 20% on Delta flights on food, beverage and entertainment purchases
- $25 Delta Sky Club access
- Double miles on Delta purchases and one mile per eligible dollar spent for everyday purchases
- $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, the $95
The offer is good until December 19, 2011. And the offer is good for both personal and business cards.
I’m not crazy about Delta miles because they are harder to redeem at the lowest rates than nearly any other airline. But this is one of the best offers I’ve seen for the card. I also like that the card is not offered through Chase since so many others are through Chase. It will allow you to spread your applications.
HT: One Mile at a Time