I have a strong suspicion that many people who read this blog are interested in a wide range of financial topics. I work for a large financial services company and our CEO regularly discusses financial topics during our all-employee meetings. One topic that he talked about at length was the growing US Debt Crisis. He talked about it at the time when Congress was in a heated battle of it. And what I found most interesting/frightening was some charts that he put together to show that even with the budget cuts they were talking about, we were still in serious trouble.
There is an upcoming special on PBS called Overdraft which is scheduled to air in the spring of 2012. Click here to see the trailer. Based on the people in the documentary, it seems like it will be very interesting. The list of people featured in the documentary are:
- Corey Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
- President Bill Clinton, 42nd President of the United States
- Kent Conrad, Senate Budget Committee Chairman Mitch Daniels, Governor of Indiana
- Jay Fishman, Chairman & CEO, The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Judd Gregg, former Senator from New Hampshire Joel Klein, Columnist, Time Magazine
- Peter Orszag, Former Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Raghuram Rajan, Economist, Booth School of Business, University of Chicago
- Andrew Romano, Senior Writer, Newsweek Magazine
- Alice Rivlin, Founding Director of the Congressional Budget Office and Former Director of the Office of Management and Budget
- Kevin Roberts, CEO, Saatchi and Saatchi