- If you're new to travel hacking, check out The Basics page (on the top menu) for the basics on how to travel cheaply.
Questions?Feel free to post a comment to any post or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Airfare Deal (11)
- Credit Cards (48)
- Example Trips (48)
- General (60)
- Hotels (15)
- Non-Travel Deals (11)
- Point Redemption (30)
- Rental Cars (5)
- Travel Blogs (7)
- Travel Communities (2)
- Travel Deal Sites (5)
- Trip Planning (20)
- Uncategorized (3)
Tag Archives: US Airways
This could be dangerous. I just learned that you can get US Airways Miles for your Amazon purchases. I was reading the Million Mile Secrets blog where he was interviewing Mary Alice who writes the Traveler’s Loophole blog. Mary Alice said that one of her favorite ways to earn miles is shopping on Amazon. I love shopping on Amazon so this really intrigued me. You can earn 1 US Airways mile for every dollar or 2 Hawaiian Airlines mile for every dollar. All you have to do is start your session through their shopping sites. Here’s the link for US Airways and the link for Hawaiian Airlines.
Eric Carle Museum Blog
I got a very nice comment from the folks at the Eric Carle Museum the other day. They have a new blog on their site. And on the blog they mentioned that this Sunday, September 11, in honor of their 10th anniversary, they will have free admission to the museum. I’ll be at the museum on September 25 for the pre-release book signing of Eric Carle’s new book, The Artist Who Painted a Blue Horse. I wrote about the book signing in a previous post. If you want to check out the book beforehand, you can see it on this YouTube clip. I think this book is quite touching in that Eric Carle is paying tribute to one of his inspirations – Franz Marc (who painted The Large Blue Horses). I will be picking up several copies of the book that day. I know that one of them will definitely be going to the art teacher at my sons’ school. If you can’t make it to the museum that day and want to buy a copy, let me know. I may be able to get one for you.
There is now a 40,000 mile sign-up bonus with the US Airways Premier World MasterCard. This is a Barclays card. Some people don’t like Barclays cards because if you don’t qualify for the high sign-up bonus they will give you a different card with a lower sign-up bonus. But this is a great deal if you do qualify. Here are the details.
- Annual fee is waived for the first year (after the first year it is $89)
- 40,000 miles after first purchase
- 10,000 miles on each anniversary (obviously to tempt you to keep the card another year)
- Up to 10,000 miles for balance transfers in the first 30 days
- Earn 10,000 miles towards Dividend Miles Preferred Status (this is not more miles, just miles that count toward status)
- Up to two $99 companion tickets annually
- Preferred check-in
- Preferred Zone 2 boarding
- One complimentary US Airways Club pass annually
- Discount on annual US Airways Club membership
New members that sign up for the Frontier EarlyReturns program get 1,000 bonus miles. These miles can be redeemed for miles on the following other airlines via Points.com:
- 153 American Airlines miles
- 153 Continental miles
- 184 US Airways miles
- 138 Delta miles
- 297 Priority Club points
- 297 AsiaMiles
- 148 Aeroplan miles
Transferring the points will allow you to extend the expiration of your miles in the account you transfer the points to.